Monday, April 21, 2008

My Childhood Days

A seed sown gives rise to a big tree. Similary, a bud gives rise to flower or a fuit. Everything in this world has a beginning. Among them there is one precious, memorable and most beautiful phase in a human being's life ie " Childhood"..

This is my first blog and I would like to share my childhood days with you guys ...............

Childhood is the best and the most beautiful phase in a person's life. It is a memorable phase in which nobody wants to forget the feelings and memories attached with it... The thoughts, actions, feelings,joy, excitement are childish and embedded with fun and love. It's a great sight to watch cute, innocent kids and their expressions on their face during their childhood days..


My childhood days were spent in this beautiful city of Bangalore known as the "Garden city". My father is a bank employee and my mom, a housewife. we lived in vasanth nagar area in bangalore.. my elder sister was 2 years elder to me and younger sister was not born at that time.. Few of those memories are still afresh in my mind and others cannot be unrecalled.


I remember my first day at school. I was crying,holding my mother's hand from the moment I left my home and was heading towards the school.. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as soon as I neared the school. My mom handed me over to the teacher and she left. I was inconsolable and the day passed away sheeding litres of tears!! Gradually in a day or two, I got used to the new environment and buddies over there... No longer I shedded tears. My sister used to go to a different school at vasanth nagar "St. Annes school". I believe I would have been 6 years old. we used to read those stories from the books and enjoyed it thoroughly. Those days were golden period. Once back to home from school, I used to go to the neighbourhood house to play with my childhood dost by name "Uday"..
Uday's mother was very loving and caring.. she used to prepare egg toast that I still remember for its unique lip smacking taste. My sister had a close frend by name Panjamani.. Panjamani's sister Menaka was very close to me and my mother used to tell me that I used to be in her arms everytime..I was fondly called as "Chinu" by Menaka akka. Everyone in my neighbourhood loved me ; the shopkeeper, clinic warden, neighbourhood aunty. As days went by and I grew. we shifted to Malleshwaram 18th cross in a posh residential apartment. This was in the year 1989. At that time residing in an apartment was considered luxury only to the high income family. It was difficult for us to get settled intially. After few months, we got frends in the new locality.. The apartment name was "Gitanjali" and we lived in the fourth floor. Gradually, we started making new frends. The joy of travelling in a auto rickshaw in bangalore was amazing. Me and my sister were sent to school in an auto. Back from school, we used to play with our neighbourhood frends with games ranging from Kanna Boochi " Hide and seek". Antakshari, playing with toys. The most enjoyable game was the hide and seek. since the apartment was very vast, most of the kids took shelter in the parking basement, top floor and even used elevators. Those were the best days of my life... Days passed by and my father got transferred to Punjab and we had to depart and say good bye to old good frends.


We came to Punjab in the year 1991. It was very difficult to get adjusted to the new place. The place was different, the people, everything was new to us and we didn't find any good hotels to have food. It took more than 2 months for us to get settled. My father admitted us to a school by name "Sacred Heart's School" in Moga, Punjab. This school was run by a ex-serviceman and his wife, both hailing from Madurai town in Tamil Nadu. It was a sigh of relief for my mother as she didn't have anybody to converse with her in Tamil. Luckily, many of the teachers who taught us in the school were from Southern India and most teachers would visit our home. The boredom was vanished for my mother and all of us. I got admitted to 2nd standard and my elder sister in 4th standard. At that time, both of us knew just English, Tamil and Kannada. We neither knew Hindi nor Punjabi. I learnt Punjabi and Hindi and within a year, I was very well conversant in both languages. The school was very large in area and we commuted to the school in a cycle rickshaw. The joy of travelling in a cycle rickshaw was awesome.. The summer season in most parts of Punjab was really hot and the winter season was very cold.






1 comment:

Inian said...

hai vinu y not write about our college days....!!!!!